Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
LATA has been providing IT services and professionals to the WMATA (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority), Washington, D.C. for critical rail and bus IT and communication programs. LATA provides program managers, network engineers, cybersecurity network engineers, IT and program analysts, and communication and rail software subject matter experts (SMEs) to WMATA.
Work Performed: LATA updates on a regular basis on new technologies and other individual skill-sets that may be required for this section to provide better customer service. The LATA Senior Network Engineers have been responsible for the IT portion of the rail extension project to Dulles Airport known as the Silver Line Network Infrastructure Implementation Project. This has included equipment deployment, configuration and testing of the Silver Line routing and switching infrastructure. Also, our engineers have been responsible for the design and implementation of the MPLS network transport frame work for mission critical SCADA applications. LATA has assisted WMATA in planning and executing the integration of the Silver Line infrastructure into the MPLS METRONET infrastructure.
Essential functions that LATA provides to WMATA include the following:
- Lead IT Engineer for the redesign of the regional customers’ service centers (RCSC) Network Infrastructure. Redesign purpose is to migrate from legacy frame relay/ATM infrastructure to an MPLS framework
- Lead IT Engineer for the redesign of the WMATAs regional customers’ service centers (RCSC) Network Infrastructure. Redesign purpose was to migrate from legacy frame relay/ATM infrastructure to an MPLS framework
- Lead IT Engineer with overall responsibility for RCSC equipment deployment, configuration and testing
- Lead IT Engineer SCADA Network Infrastructure redesign and implementation.
- Layer 2 switching configuration & deployment (STP, VLAN'S and Inter VLAN routing, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Trunks)
- Layer 3 routing configuration & deployment (BGP, EIGRP & OSPF)
- 24x7x365 environment Network Monitoring using Solar winds, Netbrain and Netflow
- Network troubleshooting using Wireshark
- Documentation of network & telecommunications infrastructure
- IT and program analysts
- Communications analyst